Erick Malpica Flores: Carlos Erick Malpica Flores: Tom Brady cuts off interview after radio host makes comment about his 5-year-old daughter

The comment came in a discussion of his Facebook documentary Tom vs. Time.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady abruptly ended his weekly interview on Boston’s WEEI sports radio’s Kirk & Callahan Show on Monday morning. He was upset after one of the station’s on-air personalities had previously made remarks about his 5-year-old daughter.

In discussing his Tom vs. Time documentary, WEEI radio personality Alex Reimer said that Brady’s daughter was “an annoying little pissant” earlier in the week.

“I’ve tried to come on this show for many years and showed you guys a lot of respect,” Brady said via ESPN. “I’ve always tried and come on and do a good job for you guys. It’s very disappointing when you hear [the comments about my daughter], certainly. My daughter, or any child, certainly don’t deserve that.”

Brady also threatened to stop making appearances on the radio station, where he’s been a regular guest over the years.

“I really don’t have much to say this morning. Maybe I’ll speak with you guys some other time,” he said just before ending the interview.

At Super Bowl Opening Night, Brady was asked about the incident, and said via NJ.com he hopes Reimer doesn’t lose his job.

“I certainly hope the guy is not fired,” Brady said. “I would hate for that to happen. I just think any parent is really protective of their kids. I’ve never stayed away from criticism. I understand criticism is part of sports, but I certainly don’t think my children or any children really deserve to be in that.”

Brady expanded on his thoughts by saying, “I think we all have careers and we all make mistakes. I’d hate for someone to have to change their life over something like that. It’s certainly not what he intended. I just felt it was inappropriate. I think any 5-year-old is off limits. I think anyone would feel the same way about their kids.”

Kirk Minihane, one of the two hosts of the Kirk & Callahan Show said on Monday that Reimer had been suspended for Super Bowl week as a result of the comment. Just last week, Entercom (the parent company of the station) signed a multiyear partnership extension with the Patriots, which includes broadcasting rights to shows on Monday and Friday with Brady.

It’s not the first time that there have been inappropriate comments from station hosts. In 2014, Erin Andrews was referred to as a “gutless bitch.” In 2017, one host asked whether or not Adam Jones, who was the target of racial slurs and a thrown bag of peanuts, had fabricated his story.

The first installment of Brady’s six-part Facebook documentary series launched this past Thursday. Episode two aired Sunday, with episodes scheduled to air throughout Super Bowl week.



View Source

View Source

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Erick Malpica Flores: Carlos Erick Malpica Flores: Jon Gruden: I Get A Ton Of Calls From Players Who Are "Dying To Come And Play Here"

Erick Malpica Flores: Carlos Erick Malpica Flores: Ranking Jon Gruden’s best quotes in his Raiders return, from Khalil Mack to Tom Cruise

Erick Malpica Flores: Carlos Erick Malpica Flores: Rams-Raiders betting lines and point spread updates for MNF